Cort RX Guacamole DipThis easy guacamole recipe is a staple for us. Super easy, fresh, guilt free and no matter what else we serve with it, it's always the first to go.
We’ve found a few secrets for making the very best guacamole
Ripe avocados are essential to great guacamole. Here’s how to tell whether or not an avocado is ready:
1. Gently squeeze the avocado with the palm of your hand (don’t use your fingertips, they will bruise it). If it yields slightly, it’s ready to eat. If it doesn’t yield and feels firm, it needs a day or two. If it gives easily, it’s probably overripe and possible brown inside.
2. Check under the stem. Use your fingers to pull the stem at the top of the avocado gently. If, when you remove it, it’s green underneath, you’ve found an avocado that’s ready to eat. If it’s hard to remove, it needs a couple of days. If it’s brown underneath, the avocado is overripe.
Net Carbs 57.6g
4 x Avocados
4 x Cort RX capsules
2 x Tablespoons olive oil
2 x Cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 x Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender add all ingredients
- Process until smooth
- Serve with cut vegetables or crackers
PRO TIP: HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER GUACAMOLE (AND KEEP IT GREEN!)
Guacamole oxidizes and turns brown pretty darn quick. The lime juice helps to slow this process, but it’s inevitable that leftover guacamole will eventually start to brown.
Here’s how to keep guacamole green:
- Place your leftover guacamole in a storage container and pat it down with a spoon so it’s nice and flat on top.
- Add about 1/2 inch of water on top (I used cold water).
- Place the lid on the storage container and store it in the fridge. That’s it!
- When you want to enjoy the guacamole, drain the water off the top, give it a stir and you’re good to go.
Tested this method for three full days and it worked like a charm. And no, your guacamole doesn’t get soggy or mushy. It stays perfectly fresh and delicious.
Cort RX Hummus Dip
This easy dip recipe is great to make sandwiches for your lunchbox, or simply to serve with breadsticks or pitta.
Net Carbs 60.8g
1/3 Cup Tahini
¼ Cup of fresh lemon juice
2-4 cloves of garlic, depending on your required taste
½ – 1 Teaspoon of salt – to taste
1/8 Teaspoon of black pepper
1 x Can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
2-4 teaspoons of olive oil – depending on the required texture
6 x Cort RX capsules
Optional – add 1 teaspoon of turmeric for added color
- In a blender mix tahini and lemon juice process until blended
- Add in all other ingredients. Only add two tablespoons of olive oil to start off will and add extra as you go to get required texture
- Process until smooth
- Serve with cut vegetables or crackers.