Double Choc Moon Mylk Cookies
Posted in All by Donnelle Brooks
Good health starts with a good sleep. And a good sleep starts with a good night time routine. Roll in a little self care and these cookies are the perfect recipe! Combining decadent chocolate with Moon Mylk, a delicious formulation designed to wind you down to a restful night's sleep, these cookies are the ultimate after dinner treat.
It’s been a long day. You come home from work and throw your bag on the counter. But the work doesn’t stop there. You’ve got dinner to cook, washing to fold and the bins really need to go out. Life is full of constant demands on your attention. So how do you treat yourself when you finally get to put your feet up after a long day?
Enter Moon Mylk. Naked Harvest have formulated this delicious chocolate drink to help you unwind and prime your body for a restful night's sleep. We love the soothing effect of a night time ritual. Do you want to take self care one step further? Try these delicious Moon Mylk Double Chocolate Cookies.
This recipe uses the OG Chocolate Moon Mylk, however, you can try it with their Salted Caramel or Vanilla Maple Chai flavours - they are all tasty! However, we still think the double chocolate treat is the most indulgent way to enjoy this recipe.
- 65g Coconut Oil
- 85ml Almond Milk
- 40g Flaked Almonds
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips (vegan if desired)
- 40g Naked Harvest Moon Mylk
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 200g Coconut Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- Pinch of sea salt + extra to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180 fan forced)
- Using a small pan on your cooktop, melt the coconut oil over a low heat, ensuring it never comes to the boil. Once melted, remove from heat and leave to cool a little.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut sugar, Moon Mylk, flour, baking powder, flaked almonds & pinch of salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour in the almond milk, cooled coconut oil and almond butter and combine until a thick mixture forms.
- Add in dark chocolate chips and bring the mixture together.
- Shape the dough into twelve balls, rolling them and then gently pressing them down a little.
- Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or a baking sheet. Space them out evenly across the tray, leave at least 3cm between them.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of sea salt over each cookie. Be careful not to go overboard!
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, leave the cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes(if you have that much self control we applaud you!)
- Now for the most important part - enjoy!
The best part about this recipe is it can be made 100% vegan! As long as you use vegan chocolate chips we’ve got our plant based babes covered! We’ve also recommended coconut sugar and plant milks and butters. But feel free to substitute as you choose.
Moon Mylk is a harmonious blend of natural ingredients that has been formulated with your best sleep in mind. What better way to enhance your night time routine than with a delicious dessert that will encourage a restful sleep.
If you loved this recipe, we have a whole range of healthy recipes you can browse, from high protein snacks to delicious recovery drinks. But let’s be honest, they are mostly healthy snacks to help satisfy your sweet tooth. If you cook one of our recipes be sure to tell us all about it on Instagram - we love to see your creations!
If you are looking for a better night’s sleep, browse our range of sleepy time products.