Indulge your sweet tooth with the irresistible combination of crunchy salted almonds, sticky toffee and sprinkling of salt for a fantastic sweet and salty experience. Add Naked Harvest Collagen Beauty Elixir for a healthy extra goodness. Enjoy a slice for an afternoon pick-me-up.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 150g almond meal
- 50g NH vanilla THRIVE protein powder
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- salted almond caramel
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 + 1tbsp cup rice malt syrup
- 4 tbsp NH Collagen Beauty Elixir collagen powder
- 2-3 tsp vanilla
- Dash of soy milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- Sprinkle of salt
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a bowl mix together the base ingredients with a spatular until combined thoroughly. In a small lined baking tin, press base into a thin layer across the bottom of the tin (0.5 - 1cm thickness, roughly).
- Pop into the freezer to set. In the meantime, in a operate bowl, add all ingredients for the almond salted caramel and thoroughly combine until you reach a silky texture.
- Remove base from freezer and cover bottom later with the caramel, and return to the freezer to continue to set.
- Over a medium heat, add the nuts to a small pan, keeping a watchful eye over them, ensuring to turn consistently so they do not burn.
- Once beginning to brown, add maple syrup and salt, stirring continuously until the maple syrup is bubbling and starts to cook down.
- Remove from heat and top the salted caramel layer and return to the freezer to set for minimum of 2 hours. Once set, remove from freezer and chop into bite size pieces or bars.