Do you have a sweet tooth that seems unstoppable? Sometimes it's tough to satisfy those sugar cravings in a healthy way. These muffins are soft and delicious, with a creamy white chocolate frosting and a healthy protein hit. Your mouth will be watering as the aroma of salted caramel fills your kitchen. The hardest part about making these muffins will be waiting for them to cool enough to add the icing! What's not to love?
For best results for this recipe we recommend Noway Collagen in Salted Caramel. If you like to experiment in the kitchen - try substituting your favourite protein powder. We love seeing your cooking prowess on Instagram so make sure you tag us @elitesuppsaustralia 💜
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 scoops Noway Coffee Salted Caramel Latte
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt (can use natural Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 x can coconut milk solids (refrigerate can overnight)
- 1 x Noway white chocolate mousse sachet
Now comes the fun part! Bust out your baking apron and chef's hat and let's get cooking!
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line/grease muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond meal, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, Noway, salt, baking powder and psyllium husk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, coconut yoghurt and vanilla essence.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine well.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture into each muffin hole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- To make frosting: spoon out coconut milk solids from can and mix well with white chocolate mousse until thick and creamy. Place in fridge to set until muffins are cooled.
- Once muffins are cool, top with frosting if desired.
This recipe makes 10 muffins - perfect for lunches or sharing with friends and family. Or perfect for a Sunday netflix sesh by yourself 😅
Each muffin contains:
- 228 Calories
- 8g Carbs
- 14g Fat
- 16g Protein
If you are looking for more healthy, high protein recipes to elevate your nutrition, browse our recipe section here.