- Focus on the brachialis. The best way to build stubborn biceps is to focus on the brachialis, This is the muscle located under your biceps and is responsible for a lot of arm strength and thickness. Hammer curls work best for this, or go with an over rather than under grip on barbell curls.
- Decline triceps extension works better than flat. The decline position stimulates more muscle fibers and stretches the triceps better, both of which triggers a lot more growth! Try using a decline bench next time you go to do lying tricep extensions, an ezy bar works best for this as well.
- Heavy press lockouts hit the lateral head (outer part) of the triceps. Heavy, partial range exercises, like the bench press, overhead press, and dips work best.
- Squeeze! Make sure you are really squeezing the target muscle on every rep. You won’t be able to make a weak muscle grow if you can’t get it to work. Don’t be that guy in the gym jerking ridiculous weights around and 6 months later looks exactly the same!
- Maximise the pump. Getting more oxygenated blood into the muscle will not only help it work harder but improve delivery of key nutrients after training. A product like Dilate by ANS works great for this!
- Nutrition. Breaking down muscle is one thing, but without fuel no growth can occur. Sipping amino acids such as Anabolic State by Nutrabolics and even mixing a carb supplement with those amino acids like Waxybolic (Nutrabolics) or Glycofuse (Gaspari Nutrition) will feed those broken muscles and allow them to come back bigger and stronger the next time!
Start using some of the tips and tricks we’ve mentioned in this article and you’ll be on your way to bigger and better arms in no time!